[AccessD] Merging photos from Access to Word

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Sun Feb 1 22:01:45 CST 2004

I'm pretty proficient at using WordPerfect to set up documents that pull information from an Access query. But I'm not sure how to do what I want to do, and figure that I'm more likely to get some help if I ask how to do it in Word instead. I'm not having success with making a report *that will print the way I want* in Access for a variety of reasons, so please don't suggest that.

http://www.ourmailinglist.org/abcmerge/whatiwant.jpg shows you in general what I want (no table lines). However, I did this by hand, by putting each graphic into a cell and making a caption for it. So, everytime I need to insert someone, I have to add a row, and copy/paste some contents to ... well, details are beside the point. And complicating things is that I need to print this in booklet format so that it prints like this:

 8    1
 2    7
 6    3
 4    5

then when they are printed double side, it's like a book - landscape 8.5x11 folded in half.

Now, in WordPerfect, if I code like this:
then when I merge I get:
(I didn't yet put in the columns, or landscape the page for the examples)

Here's the query it's based on: