[AccessD] Export to Excel URGENT!

Terri Jarus jarus at amerinet-gpo.com
Wed Feb 4 06:46:04 CST 2004

Can't you reformat the column to Number with 0 decimal places?  Works for me.

Terri Jarus
Director, Contract Support Services
jarus at amerinet-gpo.com
314-542-1902

>>> stuart at lexacorp.com.pg 02/04/04 06:04AM >>>
What format is the ID in your Access table?

Does the number need to be treated as a number in Excel? If not, just
leave the initial single quote there.

On 4 Feb 2004 at 2:00, S D wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> i've got a big problem. I exporting 18 digit numbers to Excel.
> Like 123456789012345678. This is an ID.
> The ID's are copied to Excel. When I open Excel I see numbers like:8.72E+17
>
> I've tried reformating the column/row to TEXT but it didn't work. When
> I directly type the number into Excel it works. The 18 digit number
> doesn't reformat. When I export it to Excel using a ' (quote?) sign
> and then manually remove the ' it also works. When i use Find &
> replace the number is reformatted to 8.72E+17?!
>
> Please help me with this one.
>
> Sander
>
> PS: I'm exporting thousands of ID's every 5 minutes....I do NOT want to suggest "Do it manually"

Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg