[AccessD] Export to Excel URGENT!

Gary Kjos garykjos at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 07:31:32 CST 2004

It's Excel trying to be to smart I think. It thinks it's a number and that
you want to look at it as a number, but it's really not a number it's an ID.
And don't be messin with my ID's !

Did you make an OUTPUT Specification? Define the field as text there?

Or how about if you make a query with a
format([fieldname],"00000000000000000") and then export the query instead of
the table?  Or concatinate a space to make it into an alpha.

Adding a dummy first record with XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX in the field so that Excel
sees the field as a text field has worked for me too. Then you delete or
ignore the dummy on the Excel side

Good luck.

Gary Kjos
garykjos at hotmail.com