[AccessD] Memo Locked - Apparently, but not that I can find!!!

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Mon Feb 9 04:23:41 CST 2004

Hi
I have a database which intermittently reports memo fields as being locked.  However they are not!  Editing the memo field it refuses to update on attempted save, however text fields still update fine. (!)  It is a database from A2K, that went to A97, back to A2k and now is running (converted) in A2k3.  (Over time!)  Repair and compaction makes no difference, neither does logging off and back on to the windows session.
The same behaviour is exhibited when editing the table as it is from a form.
I'm stumped!
As always any guidance is appreciated.
Kind Regards
David