[AccessD] Table Structure questions

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Feb 21 04:30:17 CST 2004

On 20 Feb 2004 at 18:25, DWUTKA at marlow.com wrote:

> Sorry, use 97 for almost all of my backends....so I keep forgetting about
> the Unicode issue! <grin>
>
> However, what are you LINKING the records in that table with?  Each record,
> in a one per question table, would need a caller ID (Long), Question Number
> (could be byte), then the answer (another byte).
>
> Now you have 6 bytes per answer (instead of 1 in ASCII, or 2 in Unicode!)

No, I agreed completely with your idea of storing all the answers in
one record, I just suggested stotring the anwers in separate fields
rather than a string -  so you have CallerID plus 25 byte fields
rather than CallerID plus one string field storing 25 characters.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg