[AccessD] Mac address

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Jan 4 18:40:11 CST 2004

On 4 Jan 2004 at 17:43, John Bartow wrote:

> I was just wondering why the Main Circuit Board Serial Number isn't used for
> this. It would seem to me that this would be about the most stable unique ID
> number in a PC. I have no idea how you would read this number but it always
> shows up in my hardware asset inventories.
>
> Any comments?

Public Function MBSerialNumber() As String

'RETRIEVES SERIAL NUMBER OF MOTHERBOARD
'IF THERE IS MORE THAN ONE MOTHERBOARD, THE SERIAL
'NUMBERS WILL BE DELIMITED BY COMMAS

'YOU MUST HAVE WMI INSTALLED AND A REFERENCE TO
'Microsoft WMI Scripting Library IS REQUIRED

Dim objs As Object

Dim obj As Object
Dim WMI As Object
Dim sAns As String

Set WMI = GetObject("WinMgmts:")
Set objs = WMI.InstancesOf("Win32_BaseBoard")
For Each obj In objs
  sAns = sAns & obj.SerialNumber
 If sAns < objs.Count Then sAns = sAns & ","
Next
MBSerialNumber = sAns
End Function

--