[AccessD] Queries with a mind of their own

Selina Iddon selina at easydatabases.com.au
Tue Jan 6 22:38:36 CST 2004

Hi Everyone

I've been away for quite a while, hope everyone had a Happy New Year.
In the past day a couple of my databases have started going haywire.  I
create a query, add the field I want but if I try and group then it gives me
the message you can group on "*" fields ... true, but I didn't add any and
there are none showing in the design pane.  So I run the results pane
without grouping and sure enough, the field I did add is there in front,
then every other field of every table is there too.  I go into SQL view and
sure enough there is an *, but I didn't do it, if I manually take this out
it's then fine, but how did it get there in the first place.  This is
happening with all new queries I'm making it would seem ... and when editing
some old ones.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Selina