[AccessD] AXP and Word Automation - Next Question

Terri Jarus jarus at amerinet-gpo.com
Thu Jul 8 06:40:23 CDT 2004

I had already moved the Documents. Add before the Do and then I get each
record repeated at each existing bookmark - for example, for the
bookmark Name, if I have 5 records, that bookmark would have a list of
the 5 names.

I'm exporting to Word because I am using Total Access Memo fields
(ActiveX) which don't page correctly within an Access report.  That
add-in is really nice except for outputting the formatted data.

I'm just struggling for the best/easiest solution. I keep trying both
an Access report or a Word doc - and I get hung up with different issues
in each one.

Thanks for the help.

Terri Jarus
Director, Contract Support Services
jarus at amerinet-gpo.com
314-542-1902

On 7 Jul 2004 at 15:16, Terri Jarus wrote:

> Now my code works except I'm getting a new Word document for each
> record.

Do you still have the Documents.Add in the same place as it was in the
original
code you posted? ie inside the DO..LOOP. If so, move it before the DO.

> I want to run the records continuously within one document.  I
> had set up a Word template with bookmarks for each field - but they
are
> only good for one record.  How do I get the Word template set up so
that
> it will repeat the bookmarks within the same document for the next
> record OR is that even a possibility?

I'd guess that you need to create new bookmarks beyond the end of the
current
inserted content. How that will affect the formatting and you rtemplate
is
anyonees guess.

Just as a matter of interest, why are you doing this rather than just
creating
a nicely formatted Access Report and outputting it as RTF?

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg