[AccessD] more on early versus late binding

StaRKeY starkey at wanadoo.nl
Mon Jul 12 13:35:50 CDT 2004

<grin> I'd call it pre-early binding;-)

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] Namens Steve Conklin
(Developer at UltraDNT)

Verzonden: maandag 12 juli 2004 20:29
Aan: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Onderwerp: RE: [AccessD] more on early versus late binding

Susan:
The early/late binding is entirely in the HOW, but how meaning in terms of
creating and specifying the object type.  By checking references, you are
just being a good citizen and making sure your early binding is going to
work.

Ensuring a Word reference is Not "blnBroken" then dimming a Word.Application
is still early binding (maybe we could call it "Dynamic Early-binding");
CreateObject("Word.Application") is still late-binding, no matter else you
do.

Steve

PS: do you write for "Advisor"?  If so, can you email me off-list?