[AccessD] Scheduled Access task - URGENT

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Jul 13 08:12:17 CDT 2004

On 13 Jul 2004 at 22:27, Kath Pelletti wrote:

> Hi Gustav / Stuart / Andy - thanks for suggestions -
>
> I can't get it to work with or without the quotes around the Autorun parameter.
>
> This is Win XP Pro - so maybe there is a difference between Win 2K and XP Pro here. The mdb I am using is completely empty - vanilla - I started with an empty mdb and just added one startup form when I couldn't get the more complex one to work.
>
> My syntax works as a shortcut, but simply does not run as a scheduled task.
>
> To confirm that it is a Win issue, could you send me your Win2K line syntax with an mdb which it opens?

With the attached test.mdb  (not attached to list reply) in C:\ I've just run a
scheduled task with the comand line
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MsAccess.exe" "c:\test.mdb" /cmd Test
Argument

It works fine (opens the mdb and displays two message boxes, once from a
function called in the Autoexec macro and a second one called from the startup
forms on_open.

Having just set up the  task, the thought struck me that you may not have set
the run permissions for the task properly. You need to set the "Run as" and
password for the task.

Attachments:
  C:\test.mdb
--