[AccessD] more on early versus late binding

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Wed Jul 14 10:59:58 CDT 2004

Susan,

Your listbox sounds like it might be based on a select statement in its
rowsource property.  You can speed it up by switching to a saved query
and swapping out queries or paramters if you need to in order to change
the list contents.  A select statement gets compiled the first time you
run it in a session.  That takes a while.  After that, it stays compiled
for the rest of the session.

Charlotte Foust