[AccessD] more on early versus late binding

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 14 16:30:21 CDT 2004

That's exactly the problem -- it just isn't slow enough for me to bother
with -- but I can see how several spots like this would annoy a user.

Susan H.

Susan,

Your listbox sounds like it might be based on a select statement in its
rowsource property.  You can speed it up by switching to a saved query and
swapping out queries or paramters if you need to in order to change the list
contents.  A select statement gets compiled the first time you run it in a
session.  That takes a while.  After that, it stays compiled for the rest of
the session.