[AccessD] Hit the Wall?

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Fri Jul 23 00:40:55 CDT 2004

No,

We hit this same problem and had to split the table up and apply limits
to the width of the query.
Be careful with the 8K row limit as well, you will likely run out of row
space well before 255 columns.

Our client insisted they wanted to scroll sideways over 5 years of data,
displayed monthly with
6 columns per month.  Our prototype had vertical scrolling but no no no
we want it like Excel ;-)))

cheers

Michael M

In an Access app w/FE and BE, I need a table that has about 270 fields.
A single form will be bound to the table.  (This is a business process
management application.)  If I upsize this to a project (never done
this), I can have up to 1024 fields in a table.

I tried creating a query to join two smaller tables, but queries are
also limited to 255 columns.

Is there a way around this so I can still use an Access BE?

Thanks!

Dan Waters