[AccessD] Drag & Drop Utility

Darren DICK d.dick at uws.edu.au
Mon Jul 26 20:09:23 CDT 2004

Hi John
Yes the drag and drop just gives you the ability to 'move' things on the screen
It is up to you to specify how you store 'the new coordinates'
In my 'in use' application I have fields in a table that hold the
Top, Left, Height, Width for each control on my 'ID Card' design area.
So I have 8 controls on my ID card so I have 32 fields in my table that do nothing but
hold the new coordinates for each move. On the mouse up I record where the 'Drop'
finished and I put those 'coordinates' straight into the table.
When the ID Card design form  is opened I get those coordinates and 'move'
all the controls to where they were last dropped.

But there would be a myriad of ways to achieve this much more cleverly than what I am doing

Make sense?

Hope this helps

Darren