AW: [AccessD] QuickBooks Project... Anyone game?

Michael Brosdorf michael.broesdorf at web.de
Tue Jun 29 04:51:35 CDT 2004

Just today I got a call from a customer who wants to synchronize customer
information between
a database application and 'a' financial software package.

Since QuickBooks seems to have some sort of API (_not_ the IIF-Files...) I
thought it to be well-suited.

There is a german version of QuickBooks, but it is not
maintained/distributed by Intuit. Instead, a company called Lexware does an
independent development.

For the German version there is not multi-user or networked version
available and there is no API, so it is not an option for us :-(

I know the US-Version of QuickBooks very well from earlier projects and
really like it. It's a shame...

Now comes the question: is there a financial package out there that is easy
to use (with a nice user interface - especially not DOS-based), fully
integrated (no modules), has an API and preferably uses a SQL database to
store it's data?

Michael