[AccessD] Outlook Object Broken

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Tue Jun 29 08:52:10 CDT 2004

<like changing .Application to .App or
some other humorous trick to keep us fully employed?>
ROTFL If we aren't fully employed how can we continue to pay for the meds?
<g>
Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software [mailto:bchacc at san.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 4:21 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Outlook Object Broken

Doris:

I declare the object variables like this:

   Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application
   Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem
   Dim objOutlookRecip As Outlook.Recipient
   Dim objOutlookAttach As Outlook.Attachment

Then it blows up on the very next line:

   ' Create the Outlook session.
   Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

So I'm not referencing the specific Outlook 9.0 library.  Is it possible
that they changed the names of the properties or methods or whatever you
call them in the Outlook 11 library - like changing .Application to .App or
some other humorous trick to keep us fully employed?

TIA

is