[AccessD] Don't append if data exist

Lonnie Johnson prodevmg at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 5 09:48:41 CST 2004

I have a query that runs every morning. It appends records to a table if a DISCHARGE DATE falls within the current month. Each day it will duplicate records for a CLEINT. How do I NOT append a record if BOTH the CLIENT NUMBER and the same DISCHARGE DATE exist. Note it is possible for a person to be discharged twice in one month. That is ok as long as the dates are different.

I can't seem to think this through.

Please help me think today

Lonnie Johnson
ProDev, Professional Development of MS Access Databases
Visit me at ==> http://www.prodev.us