[AccessD] String of windows updates

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Fri Mar 5 08:47:50 CST 2004

This would likely be a failed update. I've had it happen once before on w2k.
(Wxp hasn't been nagging me lately.)

There are some pointed articles on MS's site concerning this.

What I suggest is to remove the update (if listed in the add/remove/applet),
download the update manually from the Windows Update Catalog, (as Admin)
scan your system for malware with a different company's online scanner than
the one you have installed (try Trend Micro's or Panda's(online its good))
and Spybot Search & Destroy. (BTW-this is a good thing to do during lunch as
it takes awhile.) Stop all unnecessary processes and install from the
downloaded file.

Good Luck,
John B