[AccessD] Your favorite control behavior

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Mar 6 15:23:48 CST 2004

I am taking suggestions for control behaviors that you have found useful and
have programmed controls to perform in the past.

For example I program the back color of combos, lists and text boxes to
change to a given color as they get the focus, and back to their original
color as they lose the focus.  This helps to avoid the "where's the cursor"
questions.

Another example, I program the double-click of a combo to open a form to
allow editing the data in the table that the combo pulls from.  In addition,
if a combo is programmed to perform this behavior, I dynamically set its
label's back color to a specific color.  this is a visual cue that "this
combo has the dbl-click behavior activated"

What kinds of things do you have your controls do?