[AccessD] OT: Hard Drives, RAID, backup setup

Developer Developer at UltraDNT.com
Fri Mar 26 16:13:20 CST 2004

I have had a massive hardware failure (50 gigs gone bad, only 75% backed
up), and am thinking about moving to a RAID setup.
Anyone have any specific recommendations on setup? I have a Win 2k
server, but don't use a domain; there are 4 of us in my house on the
LAN, but I'm ususally logged in on a few devices - let's call it 10
users max; just use the lan as p2p, with file sharing.  Dedicate a
machine to this task? Let everyone save to C:\, automate back-ups
overnight? Or point everyone's  MyDocuments to a network share, and
bakup that ? On and on ...

Any preferred hardware brands? it was a Maxtor that failed - nervously
runnign off another one now?

Tia4aa
(thanks in advance for any adivce)
Steve