[AccessD] Create scripts: CreateTable?

Developer Developer at UltraDNT.com
Tue Mar 2 09:40:58 CST 2004

There is absolutely something like it, in MS-SQL 7.0 or 2000 (it's
likely in 6.5 too, I just don't remember).  In Enterprise Manager
(2000), you right click on the development database, then "All Tasks",
"Generate SQL Script...".  Select any objects you want scripted
(including sp's, views, etc.) and EM will generate a text file you can
run in Query Analyzer on the production server.  I use this all the time
to develop one server and deploy on another.  If you are quicker at
Access tables, you may want to do your tables there, use the SQL upsize
wizard, then generate the script (watch for data-type conversion quirks,
however, going from Access to SQL with the wizard).  Books Online will
give all the details for script generation.

Hth
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of S D
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 2:05 AM
To: accessd
Subject: [AccessD] Create scripts: CreateTable?

Hi group,

I need to create about 15 new, very large (25-42 fields) tables. Is it
somehow possible to create scripts that generate these tables to migrate
these tables to production? Like in SQL-Server?

My suggestion was create the tables in Developmennt. Import the tables
in the Test environment and then import them into Production. Answer:
NO. Why? Just NO. Create scripts that generate the objects and we (third
party) run the script.

Is there something like it?

regards,

Sander