[AccessD] FMS Total Access Memo Question

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Mar 16 06:51:29 CST 2004

Hi Terri

> There are a lot of memo fields that might need special formatting -
> bolding, italics, bullets, etc.  When I looked into using the
> richtext ocx, you had to set up buttons for each formatting need.

Yes, for a client I have Normal, Bold, Italic, and Underline - that's
all they need. Of course, if you need more elaborate formatting you'll
soon find yourself designing a WordPad clone. By the way, both the ocx
and WordPad depends on the same richtex dll.

> The issue would still be the same since the richtext feature is an
> ActiveX control and that does not translate to Word - unless you can
> tell me how to do that.

There's nothing to do ... every memo field is an RTF document on its
own and the control even has methods for reading and writing the
content to a file.

> That's FMS' pat answer - ActiveX controls don't translate over to Word.

I don't know what FMS is talking about here. Again, there is nothing
to translate - Word eats RTF files for lunch.

/gustav