[AccessD] Short Date Input Mask question

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Mar 16 21:15:47 CST 2004

On 16 Mar 2004 at 17:35, John W. Colby wrote:

> And now, WE (you and I)  have an application where our respective clients
> say "I hate that format".  I don't know what You do but I go into my sysvar
> table and change a SysVar.  The next time the app opens all date fields are
> formatted however the client wants.
>
> What exactly DO you do?

I determine with my clients what format they want the date in before
I give them the UI .  I call my methodology "Design and Development",
not "Development and Design"

> To a man with a search and replace program....
>
> Shall I just abandon my attempts to educate this list about what frameworks
> can do?  Seems a shame, but it sure appears I've wasted about 30 hours so
> far.

Not at all.   I can see that your framework is very useful for many
things.

At the same time, spending a lot of time developing automated ways to
do things that you only need to do rarely and which can be done
simply when they *are* needed - strikes me as overkill.

--
Lexacorp Ltd
http://www.lexacorp.com.pg