[AccessD] Using Access for Reports w/an ASP app?

DWUTKA at marlow.com DWUTKA at marlow.com
Mon Mar 22 13:00:05 CST 2004

Honestly don't know Susan. To be quite frank, I have never used either.
It's very simple to have Access 'export' a report, to a file, which is then
'redirected' through ASP to the user.  The system I built was put in place
due to the 'prompts' that the reports were giving, which were no problem on
the local LAN, where the users had direct access with Access, but for remote
users, those reports took forever, and Terminal Server was getting bogged
down (not too mention they were having printing problems).

Quite frankly, I like snapshot files better then any other format, simply
because I find that it keeps the 'formatting' closer to the actual report
(in my experience).  But I have never used the 'snapshot Viewer control'.

Drew