[AccessD] OT: A survey from somebody not as well-connected as JC

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Mon Mar 29 13:12:10 CST 2004

Drew,

I appreciate your input.

>> Quite frankly, haven't developed many 'tools' to help my development. Most of the projects I get for independent work are usually too unique to create 'development' tools for them. <<

I use a number of packaged "tools" for most of my projects now that I've collected over the years. Things like Database Creations' Report Manager Pro for making custom report management manageable; Tribble Software's Table Linker; a LAN version management tool from an Access developer in Chile whose name I've forgotten; FMS Total Visual Sourcebook to add functions I don't want to code myself like file dialog boxes and such. I'm hoping to incorporate the Back End Updater very soon. And I'm following John Colby's framework discussion with great interest (I've got 150 pages of messages and replies in a WordPerfect outline to keep the threads straight).

>> have yet to have a project come my way that I couldn't develop with my current tools. <<

As Captain Jack Sparrow says in 'Pirates of the Caribbean,' "That's interesting. That's very interesting." Have you any feel for how .NET is penetrating company operations or the Internet as a whole?

>> or they need a platform that is easily accessible to their employees all over the world <<

Makes sense. Thanks again.

Regards,

Steve Erbach
Scientific Marketing
Neenah, WI

"You must be an intellectual. No normal person would say a thing like that." - George Orwell