[AccessD] Barcoding in Access

Scott Marcus marcus at tsstech.com
Mon May 17 14:15:56 CDT 2004

Nancy,

My company is heading in the same direction. I'm currently logging time card punches using employee badges (not linked yet to jobs), which is all done via barcode readers. Once the basic's are done and working smoothly(we are almost their) we will be linking to an Oracle backend and developing tracking based on P.O.#'s and Workorder#'s.

Haven't run into anything major yet, but your mileage may very. It all depends on planning out the project before jumping in. Most of the code I have done in this application is error trapping employee's double(triple...) swiping their badge.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Scott Marcus
TSS Technologies, Inc.
marcus at tsstech.com