[AccessD] Attaching a file to an email

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu May 20 17:17:22 CDT 2004

Anyone got any clues on this one:

At the suggestion of the guy who's MAPI wrapper I based it on, I
tried calling the DLL version of MAPISend for an application compied
with PowerBasic. It ran just as fast as the exe version of MAPISend.

Calling it from Access, it takes about 30 seconds or more to execute
the MAPI call whether the Access app is an mdb or complied to MDE.

I then pasted my Access code into a MS Word macro. When called from
MS Word, it also only a fraction of a second.  Any idea why it takes
so long in Access?