[AccessD] Retrieve a file types default icon for use with treeview

MarkH lists at theopg.com
Mon Nov 1 11:01:01 CST 2004

Hello All...

Using Access XP with Windows XP

I have a treeview which includes branches representing external files
(.doc, .xls, .jpg etc.), I would like the icon displayed for these
branches to be the same as the one you would see in Explorer. I would
like to avoid hard-coding the icons into an image control as the file
records can be of any type, also in the case of MS Office for example,
the icons can change according to the applications version.

Anyone know how I can get at the default icon for a given type in a way
which I can use dynamically with an image control and treeview? Even if
it was only for MS Office file types???

Thanks in advance :@)

Mark

---