[AccessD] Finite instances of form in Edit, Add modes - Close cmdButton?

William Thompson william.thompson1 at att.net
Fri Nov 19 09:24:08 CST 2004

Hi,
I have a SQL Server front-end that has to be a minimal code solution, and I
wanted to open a form, form_someform, with openargs "Edit" or "Add".

I don't want the user to have to 'x' out to close the form instance.  There
would only be the two additional instances.

My question is how to handle the close button in the new instance.  Am I
correct to presume that I have to pass the new instance a reference to
itself in order to hand control back to the caller?

The call to open the instance would be something like

Dim frmSomeTable As Form_SomeTable

 Set frmSomeTable = New Form_SomeTable

Form_SomeTable.Setfocus

Set Form_SomeTable = Nothing

''' I think the new instance needs a Method like

public sub InstanceIt(TheCaller as form)

    Set m_frmThis = Me

    Set m_frmCaller = TheCaller

    Me.Visible = True

end sub

''' So eventually I'd like to somehow have a command button that closes the
form sort of like..

Private Sub cmdCloseThis()

'''	Set m_frmThis = Nothing

''' Or I guess it has to be
''' HandItBackToTheCaller
me.Hide

m_frmCaller.SetFocus

End Sub

''' Caller's Code continued ...
Set Form_SomeTable = Nothing

This won't work though will it ?  I'm a little fuzzy on it, any help
appreciated.

Bill