[AccessD] Outlook security and SendObject?

Christopher Hawkins clh at christopherhawkins.com
Mon Sep 13 18:07:05 CDT 2004

I've been struggling with an app that uses the SendObject command to
send eMail from within an Access app.  My client is VERY frustrated
with the additional delay that Outlook security builds in, having to
click 'OK' and then wait for the progress bar every time the app
needs to generate an eMail.

I was just reading this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;262701

That outlines dome of the developer issues regarding Outlook
security.  But it did not offer an concrete workarounds aside form a
mention that an administrator can grant a user sufficient permissions
to ignore the new security.  I guess if you could programatically
defeat it, it wouldn't be security.  ;)

Surely I am not the only one who has to deal with an app that send
eMail?  There must be a way to avoid the additional wait and mouse
clicks that Outlook security requires.  Anyone dealt with this before?

-C-
Respectfully,

Christopher Hawkins
Software Developer