[AccessD] Hack Requested - Increase Combo Box Button Size?

DWUTKA at marlow.com DWUTKA at marlow.com
Tue Sep 14 08:54:28 CDT 2004

Access forms, and their controls, do not act like other windows.  Typically,
on a normal window, every control is a 'child window', and thus can be
resized with API's.  Access only has ONE control window on the form, which
'shapes' around the active window.  It's wierd.

Anyhow, I can recommend two 'Non-ActiveX' approaches.  One, just put a
bigger command button next to the combobox, and have it trigger the DropDown
method of the combo box.  Two, a little more complex, but would allow you to
control all aspests, would be to build your own combo box with labels.  The
beta version of the MiniCalendar does this, for the Month list.  Everything
is either a picture or a label, but it 'acts' like a combo box.  That would
allow you to make the 'button' AND the items bigger.

Drew