[AccessD] AHOO!!! Got my action pack

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Fri Sep 10 08:27:48 CDT 2004

Mark,

OEM is a somewhat gray area. I buy OEM products for use with customers where
I upgrade machines. For instance if I upgrade a PC's RAM, CPU, etc, so that
it can run XP I can also install OEM XP instead of the XP upgrade.
Substantial reduction in price on XP. I haven't noticed this aspect of MSDN
before. This does seem a bit odd and I'm not sure what to make of it. I have
always  been under the impression that MSDN products can only be installed
on company equipment for testing, evaluation, development, etc. Basically to
support my company's efforts in understanding,  utilizing and
troubleshooting MS products. Maybe I've read more into it than I should
have?