[AccessD] AXP fails to install

JOHNWARDBELL at aol.com JOHNWARDBELL at aol.com
Tue Apr 5 03:08:06 CDT 2005

Hi List

I've a runtime AXP db with WinXP SP1 and Office standard with SP2 which  have
been working fine for weeks on 6 workstations running w2k. We buy 2 new  pc's
with WinXP SP2 and now setup gives the message.

"The Office System  Pack cannot be installed on this system because the
languages are not the same.  Install the Office System Pack for the appropriate
language on your computer.  For assistance, contact your application provider."

Its not true, on the face of it. The languages are the same. I  installed
WInXP SP2 on the
developer pc with no joy. I've   installed Office XP developer on the pc in
question logged on Administrator  run the runtime setup with same error
message. I even ran the package wizard  over Northwind db and tried to install it. No
change. I'm stuck,  suggestions please.

It there a registry setting that controlling the  job?

regards and TIA
johnb