[AccessD] AXP fails to install

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Tue Apr 5 16:29:26 CDT 2005

My guess is you have differing english language versions than standard US
Here are some hints to get you started.

There is an an SP3 but it mostly security updates
Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=85af7bfd-6f69-4289-8bd1-eb966bcdfb5e&displaylang=en

Office XP Developer Edition Service Pack 1
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a5272cd8-72b4-4a23-8c21-2d8569e102c0&DisplayLang=en

Packaging Wizard Patch Office XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f0f245fd-184c-4125-afb7-3c48e2607f99&DisplayLang=en

These patches above may fix

Office Developers pack SP1  and wizard patch is supposed to fix this
 as a workaround you can set
your regional settings on the target PC to US  when installing.
then boot,  install package, boot,  reset to original language,
run package.

When you create the installation package
a file called setup.lst is created. There is a locale ID defined in here
which I found to be 1033 (English - US).
If you were to change this to English - UK  Number: 2057
or what ever version of english you are using then
it might work
.
Another way

1) Change the regional settings to English US.

2) Manually run "osp.msi" which is included in the runtime directory
of the deployment cd. This effectively upgrades the users machine in
the same way  that the installation routine should.  After the osp.msi
file has installed, you can then run the setup routine again and the
fault will not occur.

SageKey scripts handles these problems,
http://www.sagekey.com

 as it can get more complicated
with installations with multilanguage packs with windows (allows US
version of Windows to run Japanese which is different than Japanese
Version of windows)
and office.

--
Marty Connelly