[AccessD] AXP fails to install

JOHNWARDBELL at aol.com JOHNWARDBELL at aol.com
Tue Apr 5 17:36:53 CDT 2005

martyconnelly at shaw.ca writes:

My guess  is you have differing english language versions than standard US
Here are  some hints to get you started.

There is an an SP3 but it mostly  security updates
Office XP Service Pack 3  (SP3)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=85af7bfd-6f69-4289-8b
d1-eb966bcdfb5e&displaylang=en

Office  XP Developer Edition Service Pack  1
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a5272cd8-72b4-4a23-8c
21-2d8569e102c0&DisplayLang=en

Packaging  Wizard Patch Office  XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f0f245fd-184c-4125-af
b7-3c48e2607f99&DisplayLang=en

These  patches above may fix

Office Developers pack SP1  and wizard patch  is supposed to fix this
as a workaround you can set
your regional  settings on the target PC to US  when installing.
then boot,   install package, boot,  reset to original language,
run  package.

When you create the installation package
a file called  setup.lst is created. There is a locale ID defined in here
which I found to  be 1033 (English - US).
If you were to change this to English - UK   Number: 2057
or what ever version of english you are using then
it might  work
.
Another way

1) Change the regional settings to English  US.

2) Manually run "osp.msi" which is included in the runtime  directory
of the deployment cd. This effectively upgrades the users machine  in
the same way  that the installation routine should.  After the  osp.msi
file has installed, you can then run the setup routine again and  the
fault will not occur.

SageKey scripts handles these  problems,
http://www.sagekey.com

as it can get more  complicated
with installations with multilanguage packs with windows  (allows US
version of Windows to run Japanese which is different than  Japanese
Version of windows)
and  office.

Cheers Marty and thanx for the pointers.