[AccessD] Slightly OT: Know of a good Open Source DBMS?

Joe Rojas JRojas at tnco-inc.com
Tue Apr 5 11:03:12 CDT 2005

Hi All,

I was considering purchasing MS SQL Server 2000 for our company.
We have several intranet web based applications, which currently use MS SQL
Server 7 as the backend.

The reason that I am considering the upgrade is that we are reaching our CAL
limit. I know that I could increase the number of CALs, but I actually got
SQL 2000 approved in this year's budget!
The problem is that I have the feeling that the price for SQL Server may not
be justifiable, in my mind, for what we are using it for.

With that said, does anyone know of an Open Source DBMS that has the
functionality of SQL Server?
I know of MySQL, but when I last checked, it did not have stored procedures
and triggers.

Thanks!
JR

This electronic transmission is strictly confidential to TNCO, Inc. and
intended solely for the addressee. It may contain information which is
covered by legal, professional, or other privileges. If you are not the
intended addressee, or someone authorized by the intended addressee to
receive transmissions on behalf of the addressee, you must not retain,
disclose in any form, copy, or take any action in reliance on this
transmission. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender as soon as possible and destroy this message. While TNCO, Inc.
uses virus protection, the recipient should check this email and any
attachments for the presence of viruses. TNCO, Inc. accepts no liability for