[AccessD] Vonage and 911

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 17:35:22 CDT 2005

I'm sure you know that what happend in Texas not dialing out the 911 was due
to user error. When you sign up for Vonage you must register your locality
so that 911 calls can be routed. The person in the story failed to do
that... as we know in our line of work it was a pebkac.

On Apr 5, 2005 11:52 AM, Jeff Boyes <jeff at boyes.net> wrote:

> Great idea! Thanks.
>

> > Also, do the pre-911 thing: post a list of the 7 digit equivalent
> > emergency numbers next to your phones.

-Francisco
http://pcthis.blogspot.com |PC news with out the jargon!