[AccessD] Table of Names

Hollis,Virginia HollisVJ at pgdp.usec.com
Wed Apr 27 14:18:05 CDT 2005

I never could get this right, so hopefully someone can explain it to me
so I can understand how to set up a table of names.

This new database has names for contact, issued to, issued by, closed
by, released by. Anyway, I know you aren't supposed to set up tables for
each type of name (I think). The right way is to set some kind of field
in the table that tells you what kind of person it is (the contact,
etc).

If you add a field to tbl_PermitNames (PermitNamesID, PermitName,) &
Type?

When you add a combo box on the form for entering/selecting the name,
how does it know what type to add it to?

As you can see I am so lost on this.

Virginia