[AccessD] How to Question - check for duplicates in cascading comboboxes

connie.kamrowski at agric.nsw.gov.au connie.kamrowski at agric.nsw.gov.au
Sun Apr 17 17:41:04 CDT 2005

Sorry Guys

Further clarification

Yep its a no duplicates on the database record ie. they can have duplicate
of species but only with different subspecies.

So if I have chosen a morelia spilota as the species and verigata as a sub
species I can chose morelia spilota again but only with a different sub
species say imbracata, or no sub species at all.

So when the user chooses morelia spilota I firstly need to check if it is
already in the database as a species for this record, then if it is then
check if it contains a sub species. Then if the user chooses a sub species
I need to check if the sub species is the same as the one already chosen.

Does that make it any clearer or have a confused it more?

Connie Kamrowski

Analyst/Programmer
Information Technology
NSW Department of Primary Industries
Orange

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient or received
it in error, please delete the message and notify sender. Views expressed
are those of the individual sender and are not necessarily the views of
their organisation.