[AccessD] WAY OT: Alt Characters

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Apr 21 22:47:40 CDT 2005

On 22 Apr 2005 at 13:09, Darren Dick wrote:

> Hi all
> I appreciate this is way OT :-))
>
> If I hold down ALT and Type 0489 in MS Access I get the French E with the little thingo above it (É)
> If I do it in Word (Or even in Outlook) I get
>
> What is the Correct key stokes in Word to get É

Try  Alt+0233 for lower case or ALt+0201 for uppercase,

 You could have answered this yourself if you had grabbed a copy of the
Extended Character Map that I recommended the other day:

<quote>
A great little tool for answering this sort of question quickly is the
Pricelessware (http://www.pricelesswar.org) recommended utility:

Extended Character Map
(Freeware)
Windows OS: Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000
Languages: English
utility but uses much bigger, easier-to-see characters. The utility is
especially useful for viewing the pictures in a symbol or Dingbat font.
Characters can be seen up to 100pt size. No more squinting at Webding
characters trying to figure out "is that a race car or a textile factory?".

The keystroke name is displayed in the program's status bar. The
Decimal/Hex/Oct/Binary values are also displayed. Additionally, you can
view the fonts with one or more attributes selected (Bold, Italic,
Underline, Strikeout). Using ExtendedCharacterMap, any character or series
of characters can be quickly copied to the clipboard.
Company: -- Author: Sony Arianto Kurniawan

Program description:
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,6166,00.asp

download v 1.41 (extended.zip) (189 KB)
http://ftp.pcworld.com/pub/new/desktop/fonts/extended.zip