[AccessD] SQL challenge

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Apr 25 09:03:51 CDT 2005

On 25 Apr 2005 at 9:02, Susan Harkins wrote:

> ==========The article's solution? If you're talking about the reader's
> solution -- the reader's the one that tried to use EXISTS. I did try, but of
> course, it failed, and I understood why after trying. I wasn't looking for
> an EXISTS solution, just a solution. Hope that makes sense.

The reader said he/she was trying to implement the technique from your
article about EXISTS.  You said that you had tried to come up with a
solution using EXISTS but it failed.  I was just pointing out that the only
reason the reader and your  EXISTS solutions failed was the lack of a
relationship in the sub-query andf that you could do it using:

WHERE
NOT EXISTS
(SELECT CBCData.SpecID From CBCData  WHERE CBCData.SpecID =
Species.SpecID and CBCData.CountID = 57)

--
Stuart