[AccessD] SQL challenge

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 25 09:35:43 CDT 2005

I understand -- I tried it and it didn't work and after just a minute, I had
figured out why -- but I couldn't come up with any other solution that
worked. :( The reader will be grateful for you help.

Susan H.

On 25 Apr 2005 at 9:02, Susan Harkins wrote:

> ==========The article's solution? If you're talking about the reader's
> solution -- the reader's the one that tried to use EXISTS. I did try,
> but of course, it failed, and I understood why after trying. I wasn't
> looking for an EXISTS solution, just a solution. Hope that makes sense.

The reader said he/she was trying to implement the technique from your
article about EXISTS.  You said that you had tried to come up with a
solution using EXISTS but it failed.  I was just pointing out that the only
reason the reader and your  EXISTS solutions failed was the lack of a
relationship in the sub-query andf that you could do it using:

WHERE
NOT EXISTS
(SELECT CBCData.SpecID From CBCData  WHERE CBCData.SpecID = Species.SpecID
and CBCData.CountID = 57)

--
Stuart