[AccessD] Table of Names

Hollis,Virginia HollisVJ at pgdp.usec.com
Wed Apr 27 14:51:26 CDT 2005

Yes, clear as mud...

I don't necessarily want/need a type. I was wondering if that is
something you have to add to a table of names to make it work.

I couldn't see adding a table for each type of name (Issued by, Contact,
etc) since the names will be repeated in each table.

Should there be only one table listing the names? If so when you create
a report, how do you distinguish between the names? If I put all the
names in one table (tbl_PermitNames) and then put ContactID, IssuedID in
the main table. When you add a name to the Contact field on the form it
puts it in the tbl_Main as a number. When I create a report & add all
the name fields it will use only one table for the names
(tbl_PermitName) how would it know which field is the Contact, etc?

Probably getting worse on my explaination. How do you set up a table of
different roles for a person for multiple fields?

***************

If I understand your question, you want to have a TypeID in the one
table
(Maintbl).  In another table you would have the types with a TypeID as
the
primary key.

You would set the record source to "SELECT TypeID,Type FROM Types;".
The
combo box would be bound to the TypeID field in the Maintbl table.

So, is that clear as mud now?

Bobby