[AccessD] Table of Names

Susan Harkins ssharkins at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 28 18:36:00 CDT 2005

How could a contact be both IssuedTo and IssuedBy? I admit, I'm confused by
the purposes of the types. I feel like something's missing.

Susan H.

On 28 Apr 2005 at 7:56, Susan Harkins wrote:

> Each "type" would be an individual record then. Sounds like you have a
> many to many relationship between your name table and your type table.

Assuming that there is a type table.

If Contact, IssuedTo, IssuedBy, ClosedBy, ReleasedBy are fixed fields in the
main record,  you don't need any intermediate type table or link table, just
store the PersonID in each field as appropriate.

--
Stuart