[AccessD] Table of Names

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Apr 28 18:53:05 CDT 2005

On 28 Apr 2005 at 19:36, Susan Harkins wrote:

> How could a contact be both IssuedTo and IssuedBy? I admit, I'm confused by
> the purposes of the types. I feel like something's missing.

Quite common in repair shops etc. for Jobs.

You have one master staff list which you use for everything including HRM
and  Job tracking

A job comes in. It is:
a. ReceivedBy - a person on the counter (who puts in in a stack)
b. IssuedBy - a supervisor (who takes it from the stack)
c. IssuedTo - a serviceman (who carries out the work)
d. CheckedBy - a supervisor
d. ReturnedBy - a person on the counter.

Each of these is a field in the job record which stores the StaffID.

--
Stuart