[AccessD] Gui for menu

| Marcel Vreuls vrm at tim-cms.com
Fri Aug 5 02:22:23 CDT 2005

Hi Martin,

That is a solution that works and i have used before. The nice thing of the
panels are the layout which does the listview do not have.

i will keep searching and post what i found. I have found an mde with this
solution and have just mailt the developer for more information. There is no
activex ocx or dll deliverd so it has to be an imbedded solution.

Tnx, marcel

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com]On Behalf Of MartyConnelly
Sent: vrijdag 5 augustus 2005 0:29
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Gui for menu

Well I know how this code from Peter is done. it is a treeview in the
left pane and multiple subforms on the right
selection triggered by tags on the nodes. I am trying to use this method
just now for displaying records taxonomy.
It does wonders on certain types of hierarchical data
I poached this method from Rebbeca Riordan. There is a downloadable mdb
here
Along with the Smart Access article
It might be cheaper to buy Peter's unlimited license than try and
rewrite Rebbeca's code to fit.
"Be still my beating heart" it does get complex with multiple subforms
unless writing to a fixed pattern.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnsmart04/html/sa04k6.asp?frame=true

In the article she states

 all you need to do to implement an Explorer-style form in Microsoft Access.
The sample application uses simple sub-forms created using the form
wizard for display of the product and beverage
details, but the detail forms can be arbitrarily complex. You can
include tabs, nested subforms, whatever is required
for your application.
In fact, you can use this same basic structure as the primary navigation
mechanism for your application instead of a
Switchboard. Just replace the data hierarchy in the TreeView with the
hierarchy of functions in your application. You
can even store the functional hierarchy in one or more tables to allow
the application to be configured at runtime.
Just store the name of the pane as a field, and load it at runtime.
Even though Microsoft Access doesn't support it directly, the
Explorer-style form architecture is straightforward to
implement using the TreeView Common Control. This architecture displays
much of the same information as a more
traditional Access form with the sub-form in datasheet view, but it's
more effective when the user wants or needs to
see a list of the items at all levels of the hierarchy. This isn't
common during data entry, but it's extremely useful
when browsing and maintaining information.

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.