[AccessD] Upsize wizard MDB to SQL

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 13 14:30:06 CDT 2005

Here is a list of considerations to look at  re conversion mdb be  to sql
and links to MS upsizing wizard white paper.

http://www.upsizewizard.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=browse&id=5036&pageid=22

Here is a method of relinking SQL Server via DAO ODBC via DSN-Less
Connections
It also has a coding method to ensure SQL Backend tables have an Index.
A common problem otherwise your SQL tables are not updateable.

http://www.accessmvp.com/djsteele/DSNLessLinks.html

It is not so easy if you go with ADO and  SQL Stored Procedures, you
will have to change forms etc.
and queries.

Easy . Well it is is easy to repair space shuttle heat tiles, if you
have the right tool - an opposable thumb.

Also make sure you understand, how to do proper SQL Backup procedures.

This book might help SQL: Access to SQL Server (Paperback)
by Susan Sales Harkins, Martin W.P. Reid

--
Marty Connelly
Victoria, B.C.