[AccessD] How to Manage Maintenance Mode - Auto shutdown

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Wed Aug 17 12:00:20 CDT 2005

We generally don't have polite automatic shutdowns, since our software
could run for hours waiting for someone to finish a task and enter the
data associated with it.  If we have something along those lines (or we
need to compact/repair the front end) we set normally up the code to run
when it can get an exclusive lock on the database.  That just means that
when it thinks it should do this, as when the user is closing down, it
checks to see whether it can.  The same checks will happen on any
machine, so the last one to close down wins the prize of running the
maintenance routines.

What specific kinds of maintenance were you going to run?

Charlotte Foust