[AccessD] Movement of records in DB

Kim Wiggins kimjwiggins at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 18 23:14:29 CST 2005

Can anyone possibly tell me why my MovePrevious and MoveNext buttons in my Access db does not move one record at a time when I am using it on a large dataset?  When I use it on a large dataset of 200 or more records the MovePrevious will move back 3 records and then if you select MoveNext it will move ahead 5 records.  Any dataset with less than 200 records it works fine.  I will query on the workorder number in the table and then the workorder is divided even further into card numbers.  For example:  WO 156 has 400 card records.  I then perform a search for the workorder - card number that I want and then from there I use the move previous or move next button.  Here is my code for move previous:
  Thanks
  Kim

   On Error GoTo SubErr
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset

    Set oConn = New ADODB.Connection
    oConn.Open frmSplash.sConn

    strSQL = "select * from tblAircraftWO where work_order_no = " & txtWorkOrderNo.Text

    Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
    rs.Open strSQL, oConn, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic

    rs.AbsolutePosition = txtCardNo.Text

    rs.MovePrevious

    If Not rs.BOF Then.........
         //the rest of this code is to display the record in the interface

    If rs.BOF Then
        rs.MoveFirst
        MsgBox "You are at the beginning."
    End If