[AccessD] Somewhat OT: Secrets of successful IT projects

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Dec 6 05:01:37 CST 2005

Hi Steve

I love these paragraphs. Nice trick:

<quote>

It takes courage and willpower to adopt a relatively conservative approach to development work and select the technology appropriate for the application. When I plan a project, I generally construct a "playpen" area in which all the latest technologies are used to develop a non-critical project component, and then let the team take turns developing it.

The staff gets to put all sorts of skills and technologies on their CVs, and the pressure is off to prematurely adopt fancy technology for the project's serious deliverables. We can then inform the project sponsor that we are using glitzy technology just like in the advertisements, and everyone is happy.

</quote>

/gustav

>>> erbachs at gmail.com 05-12-2005 20:54 >>>
Dear Group,

I do a lot more reading of SQL Server resources and .NET resources these
days.  The technology moves on.  I found this new article on SQL Server
Central and I thought you lot would find that it confirms things you've
learned about project management of software development:

http://www.simple-talk.com/2005/11/17/secrets-of-successful-it-projects/